Wednesday, July 8, 2009

wedding party invites

I saw a really fun DIY project on Style Me Pretty a while ago and just knew I had to use this somehow in my wedding planning. I decided I would make these mini photo books as a way to ask my wedding party to be a part of our special day!



Here are the instructions that I followed (for the most part) to make these books for my guy & gals. I got all the materials I used at Michael's. Other than the ribbon & the pretty pen, everything is from Martha Stewart's line of crafty stuff. These were LOTS of fun to make, and I only had minimal help from my mom (the ultimate crafter).

I actually drew the pretty letters on the front myself - with the help of the font I used for the inside (DJ Inkers Fancy) which is another obsession of mine. DJ Inkers is every teacher's go-to cutesy website/company for fonts, clip art, etc. I of course went with browns & greens since these are the colors I'm planning to use for our wedding.

Inside were three photos from over the years mounted on different papers (Martha Stewart) and a message asking to be a part of my wedding party on the last page. They opened accordian style, which I love because they can put them out on a dresser, etc. to display if they so choose.



Above is the book I made for my brother, Wes, who will be my Man of Honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment