Wednesday, July 22, 2009

yummy sweets

One thing I knew right away when I started planning was that I didn't want a traditional wedding cake. I don't think I've ever eaten wedding cake while being a guest at a wedding, and also Travis & I are just not big cake people. We want to do something different.

We're going to end up with a "Sweet Station" from our caterer, but here are some other great ideas that we could incorporate as well. Cupcakes have become the new cake these days, and who doesn't love a Sprinkles?

If you've never tried one of these delicious little guys, you need to! They have all these amazing flavors - my personal favorite is the peanut butter chocolate. How fun would it be for your guests to have options for their dessert. Hmmm...banana or chocolate marshmallow?

Also, if you're willing to shell out the big bucks ($2,000 minimum) you can have the SprinklesMobile come to your event and serve cupcakes out of the Sprinkles Mercedes Van.


Another sweet boutique new to me is called Sucre. They're out of New Orleans and have some seriously yummy looking goodies. This wedding I saw on Style Me Pretty featured their macaroons as a centerpiece and dessert.
Too cute, huh? They had a key to let guests know the different flavors of the macaroons on the table. The macaroons come in flavors like almond, pistachio, lemon, pecan...yummy! They also have handmade marshmallows in seasonal flavors and lots of different chocolates, truffles, etc. I'm very tempted to order a box to try....

No comments:

Post a Comment