Tuesday, February 16, 2010

grateful

I guess celebrating Valentine's Day this weekend with Travis made me a little nostalgic, or maybe I'm just having a more emotional day than others :) Either way, I've been thinking a lot in the past few days about how very lucky I feel and how grateful I am for everything I have in my life. When I consider the lives of some of my students, the struggles they are growing through at the age of thirteen with their home lives, or when I think about families who have lost everything in the past few years, losing jobs and homes - or even those around the world with less than I have - it makes me feel so humble, and blessed.


I remember thinking just a few years ago about how I *wished* I could have someone to spend my life with, I'd pray every night to let me meet the person I could be with forever...who knew he was under my nose the entire time! The point is, I guess (if there is a point to my typing/rambling) that if you're thinking life sucks - it can get better. I can only hope that I'll continue to be this happy, this much in love, this secure, this peaceful about life for the next 80 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment